Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Wedding Weekend Aftermath

Well there's wonderful news and then there's just real news...

My friend's wedding was absolutely beautiful, the wedding and reception was held at her church and the decor was lovely and all the attendants looked beautiful! I'm so happy for her and her new beau, they were on cloud nine and had eyes only for each other that complete day.

I really feel that's how it should be, no matter the ups and downs, at the end of the day its all about the coming together in a covenant between man and woman, before God. Praise God for their union, two Christians now embarking on a life of union together, it really is a beautiful thing. The wedding in total was about 3 hours, started at about 12:30 and ended at 3:30, music was great, food was great, and Ryan, Justice and I had time to travel to our next destination for our weekend vacay!

The trip in general was rough, being pregnant on the road was not easy, especially since I started the  experience with about 3 hours of sleep. The trip to my hubby's best friends house took about half the time that it took to travel to the wedding location, so it helped, but to all my pregnancy ladies out there, if u have to travel, I'd go the plane route, or break up the trip in increments, because my back was aching for about 2 days.

Thankfully the Lord has blessed me with a loving husband who massaged it right away, wow am I thankful for him!

Justice enjoyed herself, she actually was very cooperative, she had about 3 "moments" that lasted on average about 4 to 5 minutes of her not knowing WHAT she wanted to do, most times it was either sleep or wanting something to eat.

I was researching what I could do for her entertainment and brought her a toy bag along with a book bag, but in actuality baby girl entertained herself. Between eating, listening to us, and listening to herself, lol she was quite content. She had to have sung the ABC, 1-20 songs, and Barney collection the whole way there and back, and that was just from memory. Ryan listened to Sports radio and about 2 cds to keep himself up, and truthfully I slept! .... A LOT, it really wasn't my fault, I was miserable on our way up, it was a mixture of sickness, sleepiness and discomfort, and sleep was the only way out. My wonderful husband thankfully understood.

Even though at times he wanted me to reach back and get a few capri suns, chips and sandwiches from the cooler and it was a no go. I couldn't even move! On the way back home I was much more helpful and we had a few good conversations that I'm sure helped him keep his eyes open.

SOooooo that's what happened this lovely weekend :) I'm just glad I got a chance to support one of my closest friends, so pains and all, I'd say it was worth it :)

CONGRATULATIONS DREW AND ERIKA, I love you guys!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment