Friday, April 5, 2013

Visit to the Chiropractor

This week was an eventful one in my prenatal process. I had a midwife appointment on Tuesday and my very FIRST chiropractic visit :) It was nice, I had to be adjusted in 3 places. Getting ready for baby in these last 10 weeks is important to me. I'm really excited to see how everything unfolds. We're planning to have baby boy at home, my first natural birth.

In visiting the Chiropractor I learned some pretty neat things. For one, how important it is to have a spine in order so that nerves can get the information from the brain to carry instructions to different parts of the body. I'm having a little difficulty with my right leg, it gets a numb feeling sometimes, so hopefully with faithful visits to the Chiropractor, and frequent adjustments, my body will respond to the treatments.

Some more helpful hints was an adjustment to my diet. I've been a lot more hands on and proactive in this pregnancy in the things that I eat. With Justice, I had the mindset that whatever she needed she would get whether I ate the right things or not. I thought of women in third world countries and so on to justify this thinking saying, if they have babies with limited resources so could I.

But because of my experience and more knowledge this time around I'm trying my best to give my body what it needs. I've increased my water intake to 64 fl oz, and daily drink milk, eat whole grains, and make sure I have adequate proteins and fibers (fruits and veggies).

After going to the chiropractor I was able to add a few more things to my regimen this week. I've been faithful in my prenatal vitamins, but now have added B-6, Iron (as suggested by my midwife), a protein shake, red raspberry tea, and evening primrose oil to supplement my diet.

We'll see how all these things help in the birthing process. I'm praying that all goes well, in all the planning I do and preparation, I know it ultimately is in God's hands. So I'm trusting you Lord for the outcome.

May your will be done, may you be glorified in it all.

I'm getting excited :) :) :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment